Please note: this information is subject to change. Check back closer to race day for final details.
|Race||Age||Jul 1 to Sept 19||Sept 20 to Oct 19||Oct 20 to Oct 28||Race Day|
|Half Marathon||All ages||$65||$75||$85||$90|
|5K||19 and over||$30||$35||$45||$50|
|5K||18 and under||$20||$25||$30||$35|
School ProgramOktobeRun will also be offering registration through the Redwood City Public Elementary Schools (K-8) at a discounted rate of $10. Please contact your school office after the 19th of September to be put in touch with your OctobeRun organizer.
Packet Pickup and In-Person RegistrationYou may pick up your racing bib number and T-shirt at these locations and times: Friday, October 28, 11am - 2pm at Fleet Feet Menlo Park, 859 Santa Cruz Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025 Friday, October 28, 4-7pm at Redwood City School District, 750 Bradford, Redwood City. Saturday, October 29, 6:15-7:30am at Redwood City School District, 750 Bradford, Redwood City. Registration will open at 6:15 am on Race day. Registration will close at 7:14 for the half marathon and at 7:30 am for the 5K. If you plan to register on Saturday, please arrive early
Location and ParkingThere is ample parking, both free and paid, in downtown Redwood City. The closest free parking is at the County Garage in the San Mateo County Government Center (on Middlefield Road just off Veterans Boulevard-see directions below). For more information and a downtown parking map, click here.
DirectionsThe start and finish line is at the Redwood City School District Office at 750 Bradford Street, Redwood City, CA. Please note that this block of Bradford Street will be closed to traffic, and that nearby sections of Main Street and Veterans Boulevard may be closed intermittently and subject to traffic control. Below are directions to the County Parking Garage:
SOUTHBOUND (from San Francisco) From US-101 SOUTH: Take the Whipple Avenue / Redwood City Exit. Stay straight on Whipple Avenue which turns into Veterans Blvd. Turn Right on Middlefield Road. Make another Right to enter the County Parking Garage. From I-280 SOUTH: Take the Woodside Road / Redwood City Exit. Proceed East on Woodside Road. Turn Left on Veterans Blvd. Turn Left on Middlefield Road. Turn Right to enter the County Parking Garage.
NORTHBOUND (from San Jose) From US-101 NORTH: Take the CA-84 W/ Woodside Road exit toward Seaport Blvd. Merge onto Woodside Road / CA-84 W. Turn Right onto Veterans Blvd. Proceed approximately four blocks to Middlefield Road, turn Left. Turn Right to enter the County Parking Garage. From I-280 NORTH: Take the Woodside Road / Redwood City Exit. Proceed East on Woodside Road. Turn Left on Veterans Blvd. Turn Left on Middlefield Road. Turn Right to enter the County Parking Garage.
AwardsThe overall men's and women's winners of the half marathon and 5K receive a free pair of running shoes from Fleet Feet Sports in Menlo Park. The winners of each age group receive a $10 gift card from Fleet Feet. In addition, the top 3 finishers in each division receive a commemorative pint glass from Fleet Feet with the OktobeRun logo. Awards are available at an awards table after the race, which takes the place of an awards ceremony. Please note that we've added a 70+ division! Half Marathon
- 18 and under
- 70 and over
- 12 and under
- 13 - 18
- 70 and over
Finisher's MedalsAll runners who complete the half marathon receive a finisher's medal.
Chip TimingBoth races use chip timing provided by A Change of Pace Foundation timing. The top 3 overall male and female half marathon and 5K winners' times are determined by the gun start; age division winners will be scored by chip timing.
- Dogs and other pets, skateboards, bikes, rollerblades, etc. are not permitted on the course.
- Headphones/iPods are strongly discouraged as they impair your ability to hear necessary directions along the course. If you wear earphones, wear ones that allow you to hear your surroundings.
- Baby strollers and walkers please start at the back of the pack.
- The half marathon has a cut-off time of 10:30 (finish time of 3 hours). You are welcome to run if you cannot meet this time, and will receive your finisher's medal. The cutoff time means that the course will be opened to traffic and you will have to obey normal traffic laws.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. If you find out you cannot run, however, you may transfer your registration to another runner. This must be received before October 20 and requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OktobeRun race officials have the right to disqualify or remove from the course any participant whose activity violates good behavior or who poses any harm to himself/herself or any other participant.
- There is no age limit or restrictions for the half marathon or the 5K, however we ask that you ‘run smart’. An adult should plan to run with children younger than 10 years.
- Water and Gatorade are provided at the start and at seven points on the half marathon course. NOTE: there will only be water, not Gatorade, at the first aid station. This is for environmental reasons, since it is right next to Redwood Creek.
- Medical personnel and first aid are available at the start/finish and at the water station in Redwood Shores.
- 4 portable toilets before the pedestrian bridge at 1.2 miles and 2 toilets at each of the next 2 water stations on the half marathon course.
- Technical short sleeve t-shirt to all half marathon and 5K runners. Please note that we will try to have enough shirts for everybody, but they are not guaranteed. They will be given out first-come, first-served at the packet pickups and on race day.
- Eligibility for age group awards.
- Half marathon finishers will receive a custom finisher's medal.
- Goody bags (while supplies last).